Welcome to Memorial Private High School Admissions Information!
MPHS (grades 6th – 12th) admissions is year-round. This is because we are self-paced, and also small enough to be able to manage the student’s progress closely and can help to integrate him or her mid-year very well.
Here are the steps for admissions to MPHS. You will need to submit the following to the Registrar in order for the admission process to be complete:
- Interviews – phone and then in-person, with the Head of School and Principal
- Official transcripts, report cards, and evaluation records (unofficial transcript is acceptable during the interview process)
- A completed Application
- Interviews with the Dean of Students and Learning Director
- One or two Shadow Days – spending a full day at the school for you to assess it and meet the teachers; and for the teachers to assess your level and learn more about you
- Student Essay
- Medical records, authorization forms, immunization records, etc.
- Various forms for field trips
- Student Policies signed by the student and parents
- Student Interpersonal Honor Code signed by the student
- Payment and start-date set
- Uniforms order
During the Shadow Day(s), you will be in one of our ‘pods’ – a group of 5-10 peers, and will go to class with them.
Upon receiving your interest in the school by phone or email, we first discuss your overall goals for your child, and learn about your child in general, as you also learn more about the school. If we both think there may be a fit, then the next step is an in-person interview. If possible, we find that it is best to talk with the parents first, and then meet with your child at the second interview.
Consideration for admission to Memorial Private High School truly leans toward the ‘whole’ student, and family. We work so closely with your child and their current and previous records, such that we elect to not have a written test be a part of your acceptance criteria into the school. Because we are a small school, we work to ensure that every student admitted is “the right fit” for both the family and for the school and therefore we must be highly selective in whom we can take.
We look forward to talking with you! This is friendliest school in Houston.
Here is a post-graduate discussing what the school meant to her.